Professional Garbage Disposal Service for Nassau County Since 1986
A working garbage disposal is necessary to prevent kitchen drain clogs. Unfortunately, lots of things can damage your garbage disposal, including bottle caps, kitchen utensils, straws, sponges, and other material. Food items like coffee grounds, fat and grease, starchy or fibrous foods and bones can also cause clogs and backups.
Common causes of garbage disposal repair include:
- Faulty electrical connections
- Clogged pipes
Garbage Disposal Installation and Replacement
Even if your garbage disposal can be repaired, it may be a better decision to replace it. If you need a new garbage disposal, the trained, and friendly technicians at Manzo Plumbing and Heating will ensure it’s properly installed to meet your needs.
What NOT to Put Down Your Garbage Disposal
You can help maintain your garbage disposal by being extra careful about what you put into it.
To avoid a call to your plumbing company, don’t put any of these items down the garbage disposal:
- Large amounts of anything (always feed your disposal slowly with small amounts)
- Stringy, fibrous, or starchy foods (poultry skins, celery, fruit and potato peels, pasta and rice)
- Fat, oil, or grease (FOG for short)
- Large bones
- Fruit pits
- Coffee grounds
- Egg shells
Refer to your garbage disposal owner’s manual for specific instructions. Make sure cold water and your disposal are running when you deposit food into it. You can help clean and deodorize the disposal by periodically grinding ice cubes and lemon/lime wedges.
Why Choose Manzo Plumbing and Heating, Inc.?
- Fully licensed, bonded, and insured
- Background-checked and drug-tested technicians
- Exceptional workmanship
- Professional advice
- Affordable rates
- Extensive experience
- Honest, prompt, and reliable service
- Superb client service
- Fully stocked trucks
- Live call center (no machines)
- Courtesy call before and after service
- Family owned and operated
- BBB A+ rated
- Same-day service
- Upfront pricing
- Money-back guarantee
Call Manzo Plumbing and Heating — Expertise You Can Count On!